By Joshua Waldman
For anyone looking for a first job, exploring a career change, or just setting up for future success, social media sites are proven platforms for facilitating connections, demonstrating passions and interests, and ultimately landing the job.
Job Searching with Social Media For Dummies features in-depth coverage of topics such as:
- creating effective online profiles and resumes to sell your strengths
- maintaining your online reputation and understanding electronic etiquette
- using the power of personal branding and building your brand online
- avoiding common pitfalls, such as jumping into filling out a social media profile without a strategy
- getting to know Twitter, the only real-time job board with literally thousands of jobs posted daily
- using social media sites to uncover opportunities in the “hidden job market” ahead of the competition
- and much more
The book also takes the mystery out of Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Advice is given on how to brand yourself online. The author includes coverage of the latest changes to social platforms and websites.
364 pages. Softcover. 2013.
There are no reviews yet.