By Laura DeCarlo and Susan Guarneri
When you are looking for a job, you don’t want to make mistakes! In this book, job seekers share their sometimes hilarious and all-too-often horrendous career blunders.
With each story you’ll also gain practical and easily applicable real-world advice on how to avoid making the same or similar bloopers while maximizing your success in attaining your next position.
This book gives you the tools you need to succeed against:
- Job-Application Avalanches: Maximize this “simple” document and stop taking it for granted.
- Resume-Writing Roadblocks: Ensure your resume rises to the top of the stack.
- Cover-Letter Casualties: Make your cover letter your greatest application asset.
- Follow-Up-Letter Follies: Secure a second interview, even if you think you failed in the first one.
- Job Search Jinxes: Land your next job at least 50 percent faster.
- Networking Nightmares: Leverage your network to find the hidden job opportunities.
- Common Job Curses: Select the job that will be right for you and that leads to greater satisfaction and longevity.
- Interviewing Inadequacies: Master easy techniques to stand out in the interview.
- Slippery Salary Slopes: Increase or double your salary by asking one simple question.
- Job-Reference Rejects: Move your references from passive speaker to personal champion.