By John Liptak, Ed.D.
#1194 This is a brief, 32-item inventory designed to make job seekers more aware of their attitudes about their job search. A person’s attitude when looking for a job is the most important part of finding employment.
The JSAI asks job seekers whether they agree or disagree with statements about the job search process. Based on a numerical ranking, individuals then assess their attitudes, or profiles, in five categories: Luck vs. Planning, Uninvolved vs. Involved, Help from others vs. Self-help, Passive vs. Active, and Pessimistic vs. Optimistic.
The JSAI has been shown to be effective in numerous applications and settings:
- Outplacement counseling
- Employment counseling
- Job search assistance
- Career counseling
- Career development workshops
- Rehabilitation counseling
- Correctional counseling
- School-to-work transition programs
- College and university career planning centers
8½ x 11. Six-panel foldout. © 2015.
PRICE: One package of 25 instruments for $75.00. SPECIALS: 10 packages (250) for $719.95; 20 packages (500) for $1,399.00; 40 packages (1,000) for $2,599.00; 60 packages (1,500) for $3,719.00; 80 packages (2,000) for $4,799.00; 100 packages (2,500) for $5,799.00.
To download an Administrator’s Guide, click here.
For additional assessment tools, inventories, and instruments, click here.
For related assessment books and DVDs, check out these special value kits:
- Assess Your Interests, Skills, and Abilities Kit (#6349)
- Assessment and Goal Setting DVD Kit (#6613)
- Discover What You’re Best At Kit (#3031)
- Testing and Career Assessment Kit (#2499)