By Joyce Lain Kennedy
Do you dread the thought of interviewing for a new job? You don’t need to! Whether you’re searching for your first job, changing careers, or looking for advancement in your current line of work, Job Interviews For Dummies shows you how to use your skills and experiences to your advantage and land that job.
Following a half-decade characterized by an explosion of economic crises, global expansion, and technological innovation in the job market, today’s job seekers vie for employment in a tough era of new realities where few have gone before.
In addition to covering how to prepare for an interview, this updated edition provides the following features:
- It explores the new realities of the job market with scenarios that you can expect to encounter.
- It includes an updated sample question and answer section.
- It shows you how to harness social media in your job search.
- It explains how to prepare for a Web-based interview.
- You’ll learn the best ways to keep your credibility when applying for several jobs at once
In addition, you’ll learn how to dress like an insider, survive personality tests, interview across cultures, evaluate a job offer, and negotiate a better salary.
336 pages. Softcover. 2012.