“A very solid job search job search book…Rates an A.”
—Career Opportunities News
ISBN: 978-1-57023-307-4 (13-digit); 1-57023-307-1 (10-digit)
By Ronald L. Krannich, Ph.D.
#3855 Finding a job may be the hardest, most frustrating, and ego-bruising work you ever do. Depending on how you approach the process, it also can be an extremely educational, exciting, and exhilarating experience. This unique book presents 150 job hunting tips that are applicable to most job seekers, regardless of their backgrounds.
Organized around a seven-step sequential job search, individual chapters include revealing tips on:
- Assessing interests, skills, and abilities
- Developing a career objective
- Completing applications
- Networking for information, advice, and referrals
- Conducting a successful job search
- Writing resumes and letters
- Doing follow-ups and following through
- Researching jobs and employers
- Interviewing for jobs
- Negotiating salaries and terms of employment
Filled with cutting-edge career advice, quizzes, websites, and examples, here’s the book that tells it like it is from the job search trenches. Follow the many tips outlined in this book and you should be able to quickly energize your job search by focusing on those activities that have the greatest impact on getting job interviews and offers. You will join thousands of others who have found their dream job through the methods outlined in this book. 238 pages. 6 x 9. 2010. $17.95. SPECIALS: 10 copies for $143.95; 100 copies for $1,077.00.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Expert Advice From the Job Search Trenches
- Key Job Search and Success Tips
- Self-Assessment Tips
- Goal and Objective Setting Tips
- Research and Information Tips
- Job Application Tips
- Resume Writing, Distribution, and Follow-Up Tips
- Cover and Job Search Letter Tips
- Networking and Informational Interviewing Tips
- Interviewing Tips
- Follow-Up and Follow-Through Tips
- Salary Negotiation and Job Offer Tips
THE AUTHOR: Ronald L. Krannich, Ph.D., is one of today’s leading career transition writers who has authored more than 100 books, including several self-help guides for people with difficult backgrounds: No One Will Hire Me!, The Ex-Offender’s New Job Finding and Survival Guide, The Ex-Offender’s Re-Entry Assistance Directory, Best Resumes and Letters for Ex-Offenders, The Ex-Offender’s Job Interview Guide, Best Jobs for Ex-Offenders, The Ex-Offender’s Re-Entry Success Guide, The Ex-Offender’s Quick Job Hunting Guide, The Ex-Offender’s 30/30 Job Solution, 99 Days to Re-Entry Success Journal, The Re-Entry Employment and Life Skills Pocket Guide, The Re-Entry Start-Up Pocket Guide, The Anger Management Pocket Guide, The Re-Entry Personal Finance Pocket Guide, and Re-Imagining Life on the Outside Pocket Guide. A former Peace Corps Volunteer, Fulbright Scholar, university professor, and management trainer, Ron specializes in producing and distributing books, DVDs, training programs, and related materials on employment, career transition, addiction, anger management, criminal justice, and life skills.
Check out the companion book Job Interview Tips for Overcoming Red Flags.