#2958 Lyndey Milan has years of experience as a cook, teacher, and mother and presents basic cooking skills and techniques in this collection of nine video clips (viewing time: 2 minutes 30 seconds to 5 minutes per clip). Her signature streamlined teaching style offers lessons in the kitchen designed to capture the interest of novices and more experienced cooks alike.
Total viewing time: 36 minutes. Closed-captioned. © 2011.
Video clips include:
- How to Make Mayonnaise:Two methods are presented (by hand and using a food processor) and three variations are demonstrated: aioli, rouille, and tartare.
- How to Cook the Perfect Steak:Three classic cuts are presented (rump, Scotch fillet, and New Yorkalso called sirloin or porterhouse). The New York cut is cooked in a frying pan, how to test degree of doneness is demonstrated, and a red wine reduction sauce is made with the pan juices.
- How to Stir-Fry:A classic Asian-style chicken, vegetable, and rice noodle stir-fry is demonstrated with an emphasis on best stir-fry practices.
- How to Make the Perfect Omelette:The easiest recipes are often the hardest to master without the benefit of expert tips. The method for creating a simple omelette is presented, and a cheese-and-mushroom filling variation is served.
- The Secrets to Making Perfect Choux Pastry:The preparation and cooking of classic French choux pasty is presented before the cooked pastry shells are filled with cream, dipped in chocolate, and served.
- Risotto Bianco:This Italian staple is demonstrated with tips and tricks including how to know when al dente has been reached. Prawns and dill are added to create a variation.
- Cooking Fish:Two common methods of cooking fish are explained and demonstrated. Snapper fillets are first steamed with chili and ginger and then pan-fried to achieve a crisp skin.
- Best Sponge-Style Cake:The quintessential cake, the sponge, is worth perfecting. When filled with cream and passion fruit, it is a timeless classic.
- Poaching Fish:An impressive whole salmon poached in court bouillon and served with herbed yogurt is demonstrated, covering tips and pressure points.
Click here to view a video clip.
- DVD for $99.95
- 3-Year Streaming Video Subscription for $99.95 + FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING
- DVD + Streaming Video for $179.95 + FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING
There are no reviews yet.