Spotlights ten core virtues that help teens become caring, respectful, responsible people who make choices based on what’s right, rather than what’s easy.
- Trustworthiness – Trust is the basis of all good relationships and a cornerstone of good character. This program shows what it means to be a person others can trust.
- Citizenship – Citizenship, at its core, is social responsibility in action. This program considers what it means to be a good citizen – including doing your part for the common good, serving your community, and helping make our democracy work.
- Respect – This program shows how treating people with respect helps us get along with each other, avoid and resolve conflicts, and create a positive social climate.
- Honesty – This DVD begins with the surprising account of two boys who triggered a fire storm of criticism by committing a simple act of honesty. But as we see from their experience and the teen discussions that follow, choosing to be honest or dishonest does something to our character.
- Responsibility – Responsibility is often regarded as a burden, but here we discover that it is actually a great source of personal power. It is the key to taking charge of our lives.
- Courage – In this program we learn what it means to be morally courageous and how that empowers our lives. And we see proof positive in the courageous story of a teenage boy who broke from a gang and changed his friends so he could succeed in school and turn his life around.
- Fairness – This program helps young people understand how to live by the golden rule, what it takes to be a fair and just person, and how much our personal actions do matter.
- Diligence – This program helps young people understand how to live by the golden rule, what it takes to be a fair and just person, and how much our personal actions do matter.
- Caring – Caring is not just a way of feeling, it’s a way of behaving. This program teaches that what makes us caring people is doing caring things.
- Integrity – This program reveals the subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) ways that life puts our integrity to the test, and profiles six teenagers whose integrity has proven to be a gift to themselves as well as to the world.
Among the principles taught in the series: Every choice you make helps define the kind of person you are choosing to be. Includes a guide with discussion questions, student activities, and writing assignments.
Suitable for Grades 7-12. Viewing time: about 30 minutes each. Closed-captioned. 2000. Can purchase separately for $69.95 each, or $649.50 for the 10-part set. Please see the Product Options box above when ordering.
There are no reviews yet.