This unique video series is designed to help immigrants become successful in the American workplace. Helps develop confidence and experience with American social and cultural settings. Appropriate for both line-level service people and budding professionals. Each video in this 7-tape series includes interviews with immigration experts and immigrants, great tips, key challenges, and training moments. Each video runs 25 minutes. $99 each or $595 for complete 7-tape series. 2001.
- The Freedom of America – Transitioning to choice, making decisions, setting up system for transitioning to success.
- Neat, Clean, and Orderly – Professional grooming standards, the culture of hair, maintaining high standards of hygiene.
- Communication With the World – How to avoid mistakes, nonverbals, written communication, dealing with technology.
- Professionalism on the Job – Learning the chain of command, dealing with authority and the boss, relating to time, training and education.
- Culture Shock – Shopping and currency, diversity of America, fruit salad vs. melting pot, media, and food.
- Finding a Mentor – Find a mentor, activities for transitioning and learning culture, activities outside the workplace, driving, acclimating to the culture.
- Getting a Job – The search, applications and resumes, interviewing, and transitioning to the job.