By Aphrodite Matsakis
This book directly addresses survivors of trauma. It explains the nature of SD and describes the healing process. It will help you:
- find out whether you have PTSD
- cope with post-traumatic anger, grief, and survivor guilt
- recognize related problems such as depression, substance abuse, compulsive behavior, and low self-esteem
- identify “triggers” that set off flashbacks, anxiety attacks, and other symptoms; relieve wounding caused by others’ blaming and insensitivity
- gain a sense of empowerment and hope for the future
416 pages. Softcover. 1996.