By Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
#3344. This outstanding communication tool kit offers a step-by-step approach to improving relationships with kids at home and in school. Includes helpful cartoon illustrations and useful exercises for improving the ability of parents to talk and problem-solve with their children.
This updated edition includes fresh insights and suggestions as well as the authors time-tested methods to solve common problems and build foundations for lasting relationships, including innovative ways to:
- Cope with your child’s negative feelings, such as frustration, anger, and disappointment
- Express your strong feelings without being hurtful
- Engage your child’s willing cooperation
- Set firm limits and maintain goodwill
- Use alternatives to punishment that promote self-discipline
- Understand the difference between helpful and unhelpful praise
- Resolve family conflicts peacefully
368 pages. Softcover. 2012. $18.00. SPECIALS: 10 copies for $169.95; 100 copies for $1,499.00.