By Diane E. Stawar, MA, and Terry L. Stawar, Ed.D.
#6673 The incarceration of a parent creates great difficulties for the family. This book prepares women in the correctional system for the challenges of being a mother while in prison and gives them the tools to be a better parent after release.
Topics discussed include:
- overcoming barriers to being a responsible mother
- understanding child development
- using positive discipline with your children
- responsibilities of motherhood
- and other issues
This workbook helps the female offender to understand and accept the bond between themselves and their children. Strengthening this bond can help them stay out of prison once released.
Approximately 200 pages. August 2008. $30.00.
See also this related book: How to Be a Responsible Mother: Instructor’s Manual.
See also these related products for fathers:
- How to Be a Responsible Father: Instructor’s Manual
- How to Be a Responsible Father: A Workbook for Offenders