By Robin Casarjian and The Lionheart Foundation:
This updated and revised facilitator’s manual is a guide for facilitating a 13-session course based on the book, Houses of Healing: A Prisoner’s Guide to Inner Power and Freedom. This edition includes:
- Rationales for each session citing current research.
- New exercises and handouts, including:
- Mindfulness-based exercises
- Scripted guided visualizations
- Emotional competency building strategies
- Role plays
- And more
- Acknowledging, working with, and healing childhood trauma
- Transforming anger, resentment, and unhealthy guilt and shame
- Working with forgiveness
- Acknowledging and working with grief, the “silenced emotion”
- Nurturing spiritual growth
In the 12-page introduction to the manual, Robin Casarjian offers personal suggestions to the reader on how to approach facilitating a Houses of Healing course. She encourages the reader to use the material in whatever ways suit him or her best.
In the body of the manual, she outlines 13 weekly sessions, explaining concepts and exercises and relating them to the text of Houses of Healing. Included with each week’s lessons are “Self Work” sheets that can be duplicated for the participants in the course. Copyright 2013.
See these related products:
Houses of Healing: A Prisoner’s Guide to Inner Power and Freedom (book – available in English or Spanish)