#6380 This set of 5 videos is designed to help prisoners improve their decision-making skills – from managing conflict to improving self-esteem. Each program is 15-30 minutes in length, in English.
In the series, taped in part on location during course instruction at a county jail and a state prison in Massachusetts, correctional educator Robin Casarjian presents key concepts from her bestselling book Houses of Healing: A Prisoner’s Guide to Inner Power and Freedom.
The DVDs include intimate scenes of prisoners working with the Houses of Healing course material, scenes that add power and immediacy to the viewing experience. Emmy-nominated documentary filmmaker Laurel Chiten produced the series.
Course participants discover how to:
- deal constructively with conflict and hostility
- break lifelong patterns of destructive behavior
- improve emotional balance and self-esteem
- make better life choices
Each DVD runs 15-30 minutes in length.
The video series can be used in various ways:
- To complement the content of the book
- To supplement a facilitated Houses of Healing program
- To complement other existing programs (substance abuse, anger management, life skills, etc.)
- As a tool for staff training
- As a course or educational resource by itself (e.g., viewed through institutional closed-circuit TV systems)
$800.00 for set of 5 DVDs. SPECIALS: One set of 5 DVDs plus 1 copy of the Houses of Healing Facilitator’s Manual (a $35.00 value) for $835.00; one set of 5 DVDs plus 25 copies of the book, Houses of Healing: A Prisoner’s Guide to Inner Power and Freedom, and one copy of Houses of Healing Facilitator’s Manual for $1,169.00. The book — Houses of Healing: A Prisoner’s Guide to Inner Power and Freedom ($15.00) — is available in English or Spanish (need to specify language version which when ordering). Facilitator’s Manual for $35.00..
For quantity discounts on the instructional/participant’s book, click here: Houses of Healing: A Prisoner’s Guide to Inner Power and Freedom ($15.00).