#9228 Every employee needs to understand one basic truth: a respectful workplace is more pleasant and more productive for everyone. This award-winning harassment training program brings this message home, showing that bad behavior is not OK – whether it applies to sex, religion, or anything beyond and whether it actually crosses the line into illegal harassment or not.
In a series of compelling stories, this film explains the law. But it also captures the imagination and personalizes the value of inclusiveness by showing the potential harm that can be caused by unwelcome conduct. The Employee Version focuses on their responsibility to take action if employees experience or witness inappropriate behavior – either asking for help or speaking to the harasser directly if they feel comfortable doing so.
Examples of bad behavior shown:
- Social media allows an embarrassing photo to make the rounds in a hospital.
- Two guys on a city crew mistreat a less macho co-worker.
- Friction in a restaurant kitchen leads to insults for a person from another country.
- A religious co-worker is excluded on a construction site.
- A client puts pressure on a company rep for a quid pro quo exchange.
- Two colleagues are offended by the inappropriate dress and flirtatious behavior of their co-workers.
- Retaliation takes a subtle form but is no less against company policy – and against the law.
Attorney moderators provide commentary on these stories and discuss the issues frankly and openly.
Viewing time: 19 minutes. Closed-captioned. Available in several versions: Employee, Manager, California Manager, and in Spanish.