#7513 Through compelling client testimonials and expert guidance from renowned researchers at the Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center and the Department of Veterans Affairs National Center for PTSD, this video educates clinicians, clients, and families on the history, epidemiology, challenges, and treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
The DVD includes:
- Explanations of the top criteria for diagnosing and treating PTSD
- Information on co-occurring substance use disorders that emerge as a result of medicating those symptoms with drugs and alcohol
- Sample cognitive-behavioral therapy sessions between therapist and client that offer realistic applications of the treatment concepts presented
- Step-by-step instructions on cognitive restructuring using the REBT model to examine and alter beliefs that lead to disruptive consequences and behavior
- Information relevant to helping clients let go of the stigma of mental disorders like PTSD and depression.
- Inspiring true stories of recovery that offer clients a sense of hope for the future
Viewing time: 56 minutes. Copyright © 2016.