By Marcus Buckingham
Beginning with the million-copy bestsellers First, Break All the Rules and Now, Discover Your Strengths, Marcus Buckingham jump-started the “strengths” movement that is now sweeping the work world, from business to government to education.
Now that the movement is in full swing, Buckingham’s most recent book answers the ultimate question: How can you actually apply your strengths for maximum success at work?
Research data show that most people do not come close to making full use of their assets at work – in fact, only 17 percent of the workforce believe they use all of their strengths on the job.
Go Put Your Strengths to Work aims to change that through a six-step, six-week experience that will reveal the hidden dimensions of your strengths. Buckingham shows you how to seize control of your assets and rewrite your job description under the nose of your boss. You will learn:
- Why your strengths aren’t “what you are good at” and your weaknesses aren’t “what you are bad at.”
- How to use the four telltale signs to identify your strengths.
- The simple steps you can take each week to push your time at work toward those activities that strengthen you and away from those that don’t.
- How to talk to your boss and your colleagues about your strengths without sounding like you’re bragging and about your weaknesses without sounding like you’re whining.
- The 15-minute weekly ritual that will keep you on your strengths path your entire career.
As part of the book’s program you’ll take an online Strengths Engagement Track, a focused and powerful gauge that has proven to be the best way to measure the level of engagement of your strengths or your team’s strengths.
See also this related title: StrengthsFinder 2.0, by Tom Rath