By Brenda Greene
This is an informative and up-to-date resource for job seekers who are looking for solid direction from Fortune 500 executives – those directly responsible for hiring. Many corporations have regrouped in the last five years and downsizing has been the dreaded outcome for millions. In this tough business climate, job applicants are finding that just getting in the door for an interview poses an enormous challenge. What catches the attention of employers? The author surveyed 50 Fortune 500 employers to find out. Packed with sample resumes and cover letters that represent what hiring managers, directors, and vice presidents want to see, Get the Interview Every Time shows and tells what is expected versus what is rejected by employers. Readers will learn how to:
- Research the company and its opportunities before sending any resumes.
- Distill all of their talent and experience into a few well-chosen words.
- Showcase their communication skills through a well-crafted cover letter.
- Avoid hype.
- Determine the resume style that looks and works the best.
- Design and submit an electronic resume correctly.
240 pages. 2004.