By Judy Molland
This book is packed with eco-friendly ideas to help families, classrooms, and groups get outside, learn about nature, experience the world in new ways, and take a hands-on approach to green living.
Chapters on being an eco-friendly consumer and eco-friendly eater, as well as on choosing an issue and taking a stand, make for a well-rounded yet easy-to-use handbook for making a difference indoors and out.
Open to any page to find something to do today. Research shows that spending time enjoying nature can actually improve our physical and emotional health. Thus, kids who learn to love nature will naturally be more interested in helping to conserve it.
The book includes:
- Get Started: Cool Ways to Embrace Nature Today
- Go Further: Projects, Plans, and Outings
- Get Smart: Be Green Consumers – and Eaters
- Get Active: More than Just the Three Rs
- Get Involved: Take a Green Stand
128 pages, 2-color, photos. Softcover. For parents, teachers, and youth leaders. 2009.