By Bill Elliott, Ph.D., and Vicki Verdeyen, Ed.D.
Anyone working in corrections has been trained to handle the basics of offender management. This training often fails to teach how to deal with offenders mind games. The authors offer the basics of offender con games and ways to beat them at their own game.
- Winning the Game
- The Psychology of Inmate Deception
- Inmate Manipulation Based on a Sense of Entitlement
- Inmate Manipulation Based on the Power Orientation
- The Woman Offender: Gender Based Games
- Games Women Offenders Play Based on Blaming or Mollification
- Staff Moves in Managing Inmate Deception and Manipulation
- Maintaining Player Readiness: Ten Commandments for Prison Staff
- Putting It All Together
204 pages. 2002. $25.00. SPECIAL: 10 copies for $225.00; please see the Product Options box above when ordering.