- guidance on resumes
- vacancy announcements
- distinguishing yourself
- common mistakes federal job seekers make
- Covers the top skills the federal government needs and recruits for.
- Explains how readers can enhance their skills.
- Covers the importance of networking, including networking through social media.
- Describes the top 10 federal occupations in demand.
- Includes assessments, sample resumes and cover letters, sample vacancy announcements, samples of competency-based and behavioral-based interview questions, and much more.
- Includes special hiring information for students, veterans, people with disabilities, and ex-offenders.
Chapter 1: 11 Common Mistakes That Federal Job Seekers Make
Chapter 2: The Federal Government as an Employer
Part II: Understanding Yourself
Chapter 3: Knowing Yourself: Who Are You, Really?
Chapter 4: Developing Your Career Identity: Why Do You Work?
Part III: Getting Familiar with Federal Opportunities
Chapter 5: Introducing Federal Departments and Agencies and Federal Jobs
Chapter 6: Skills the Federal Government Is Seeking
Part IV: Translating YOU to the Federal Government
Chapter 7: Finding Your Fit in the Federal Government
Chapter 8: Closing Your Skills Gap
Chapter 9: Creating Your Career Plan
Part V: Getting a Federal Job
Chapter 10: The Federal Job Application Process: Worth the Effort
Chapter 11: Interviewing for a Federal Job