By Paul J. Lim
Planning for your kids’ college tuition and your own retirement is a lot more difficult today than it was for your parents. Self-directed retirement accounts such as 401(k)s and IRAs as well as tax-deferred college savings plans require you to make your own savings and investment decisions.
That’s why you need Financial Planning Demystified.
Written by Paul Lim, Chief Financial Correspondent for U.S. News & World Report, this book begins by focusing on assets and liabilities and discusses ways to save money, avoid debt, and maintain good credit.
Then, the book gives a thorough overview of different types of investments, such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate investments, and more.
Finally, you’ll find easy-to-follow advice on how to organize and protect your financial accounts.
This quick and easy guide features:
- Checklists and questionnaires to help you plan
- Proven advice from a financial expert
- Helpful charts and tables
- A quiz at the end of each chapter to reinforce learning and pinpoint weaknesses
- A final exam at the end of the book
- No unnecessary technical jargon
320 pages. Softcover. 2007.