By Russ Smith, Ph.D.
No doubt about it. The key to getting a federal job is how well applicants write a job-winning application. But times have changed and so have applications federal agencies will accept for employment. As the federal government continues to decentralize hiring to the agency level, it also has adapted hiring methods similar to those used by the private sector.
- What federal employers look for on the SF 171, OF 612, and federal-style resumes.
- Major writing principles that grab the attention of evaluators.
- The best language to use (KSA’s) for each section of your application.
- How to customize your application for each agency.
- How to best prepare a mail-in packet and follow-up appropriately.
- Which resources can help you get the right job.
Federal Applications That Get Results includes several examples of completed SF 171’s, OF 612’s, and federal-style resumes. Designed for both white- and blue-collar employees, this well-written, nuts-and-bolts guide should be in every federal job seeker’s library.
248 pages. 8.5 x 11. 1996.
There are no reviews yet.