NO LONGER AVAILABLE. REPLACED BY NEW 4TH EDITION (© 2023) — CLICK HERE FOR ORDER #9947
ISBN: 978-1-57023-403-3 (softcover); 978-1-57023-386-9 (eBook for Second Edition)
By Ronald L. Krannich, Ph.D.
MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW: Simply stated, “The Ex-Offender’s Re-Entry Success Guide: Smart Choices for Making It on the Outside” should be considered mandatory reading by anyone being released from incarceration. It should be a part of every jail and prison library, every community library, and every academic Penology collection. August, 2019.
#6838 Now in the third edition, this book addresses the major day-to-day challenges facing ex-offenders as they re-enter the Free World. While the re-entry process is fraught with challenges that can lead to rejections, disappointments, and temptations, this is also a time for self-renewal and transformation. There are silver linings here for those who see opportunities in adversity – a unique time for ex-offenders to put greater meaning and direction into their lives so they will never again waste their time and mind sitting in a prison, jail, or detention center.
Highlights of this self-directed book include:
- A comprehensive 146-item re-entry success assessment test
- Examples of ex-offenders making difficult choices
- Examination of ex-offender mindsets and how to change them
- Recommended resources to reinforce and expand learning
- Exercises for developing a purpose and legacy in life
- Daily action-planning exercises to implement the seven-step process for re-entry
- A planning journal for keeping critical re-entry activities on track
- Forms to help organize a budget and use community support systems
- Powerful quotes for guiding one’s life
Designed in an interactive workbook format, this invaluable resource addresses everything from attitudes, motivation, and education to telling the truth, taking responsibility, building trust, seeking community-based assistance, leaving a legacy, and dealing with today’s digital world.
Addressing the whole re-entry process, this book is “must” reading for anyone preparing to re-enter the Free World. It’s also an ideal book for friends, loved ones, and supporters as well as those who are already on the outside but need better guidance on how they can jump-start their new life…and stay out for good!
- What’s Your Re-Entry IQ?
- Use Your Mind, Own Your Time
- 7 Steps to True Freedom
- Step 1: Choose Your Attitudes and Motivations
- Step 2: Develop a Purpose in Your Life
- Step 3: Get Smart Through Education, Training, and Life-Long Learning
- Step 4: Tell the Truth About the New You
- Step 5: Take Responsibility and Build Trust
- Step 6: Seek Assistance for Life-Long Recovery
- Step 7: Leave a Legacy as a Good Friend, Spouse, Parent, and Citizen
- Action Planning for Re-Entry Success
- Surviving and Prospering in a New Digital World
- Re-Entry Success Resources
© 2020. 144 pages. Softcover.
QUANTITY SPECIALS: 10 copies for $125.60; 25 copies for $279.00; 50 copies for $488.50; 100 copies for $907.00; 500 copies for $4,185.00; 1,000 copies for $6,980.00.
EBOOK VERSION: Browse and purchase through your favorite eBook distributor, such as Amazon, Apple, and Barnes & Noble.
THE AUTHOR: Ronald L. Krannich, Ph.D., is one of today’s leading career transition writers who has authored more than 100 books, including several self-help guides for ex-offenders: The Ex-Offender’s New Job Finding and Survival Guide, The Ex-Offender’s Re-Entry Assistance Directory, Best Resumes and Letters for Ex-Offenders, The Ex-Offender’s Job Interview Guide, Best Jobs for Ex-Offenders, The Ex-Offender’s Re-Entry Success Guide, The Ex-Offender’s Quick Job Hunting Guide, The Ex-Offender’s 30/30 Job Solution, 99 Days to Re-Entry Success Journal, The Re-Entry Employment and Life Skills Pocket Guide, The Re-Entry Start-Up Pocket Guide, The Anger Management Pocket Guide, The Re-Entry Personal Finance Pocket Guide, and Re-Imagining Life on the Outside Pocket Guide. A former Peace Corps Volunteer, Fulbright Scholar, university professor, and management trainer, Ron specializes in producing and distributing books, DVDs, training programs, and related materials on employment, career transition, addiction, anger management, criminal justice, and life skills.
See also this related book: The Ex-Offender’s Job Interview Guide.
This item is part of the Ex-Offender Re-Entry Guides.
There are no reviews yet.