By Roger E. Axtell
#2612 International business and leisure travel etiquette expert Roger Axtell’s bestselling Do’s and Taboos books have helped hundreds of thousands of business travelers and tourists avoid the missteps and misunderstandings the world traveler can encounter. In Essential Do’s and Taboos, Axtell shares the wisdom he has compiled over a lifetime of international experience.
Whether you need to know the best time of year to set up a business meeting in Germany or why the O.K. sign is not O.K. in Brazil, you’ll find practical, fascinating, culture-savvy, up-to-date advice to help you steer clear of faux pas and face the world with confidence. Features include:
- Information on customs, protocol, etiquette, hand gestures, and body language
- Fresh advice regarding Internet business and communication options
- Country-specific chapters on eleven popular locations from old favorites like England, France, Japan, and Germany to hot tourist destinations and emerging economies like India, China, Russia, and Mexico
- Guidance on hosting international visitors
- Important tips on using English around the world
- Special do’s and taboos for women traveling abroad
308 pages. Softcover. 2007.$16.95.
There are no reviews yet.