#259 This six-volume Encyclopedia of Careers and Vocational Guidance is an essential resource for public, college, high school, and junior high school libraries; career centers; guidance offices; and other agencies involved with career exploration and planning.
Along with revisions and updates, each article has been expanded to a new, more comprehensive format, and many new articles have been added. Each article offers detailed career information, sidebars, and other user-friendly features, including a new Career Ladder, which shows common career paths for each profession, and new sections, such as Unions and Associations and Tips for Entry.
- Graphic icons call out the top fastest-growing careers and the top careers that experts predict will add the greatest number of positions.
- Comprehensive overviews of 120 career fields and industries.
- More than 4,000 websites are listed in the career field and profession articles and refer users to professional associations, government agencies, and other organizations.
- More than 1,000 sidebars ranging from profiles of industry movers and shakers to glossaries of industry jargon to fast-fact industry statistics are also included.
- Hundreds of black-and-white photographs of people at work.
- Information on using social networking sites for job-hunting, electronic resumes, and more.
Designed to hold students’ attention and relay information effectively, this edition of Encyclopedia of Careers and Vocational Guidance is the ideal starting place for career research.
Suitable for Grades 9 and up. 6,344 pages total. 8½ x 11. Hardcover. 2018.