Created by James Sayre, M.D.
#8672. In this video, married and single parents talk about the importance of healthy activities such as music, sports, daily chores, and family fun time. They advise other parents to be consistent in these activities to help kids learn how to stick with something and not give up when it becomes difficult.
They also discuss how these activities teach skills, improve school performance and build confidence – as well as steer children away from negative influences.
Parents speak on the following topics:
- Routine activities around the house
- Extracurricular activities (sports, music lessons, art
- Benefits of positive activities
- Importance of parents devoting time to activities
- What to do when it becomes too much
- Importance of balance and flexibility
Comes with discussion guidelines. Viewing time: 18 minutes. This video is available in two versions: English or dubbed in Spanish.
An award-winning video: Silver World Medal, New York Festivals (2004), and CINE Golden Eagle Award (2003).