By Marci Alboher
Until recently, most Americans equated the end of a successful career with the beginning of retirement. No more. Now they want to stay in the game (or better, change the game). They want to leave a mark, make a difference – and continue to make money.
From Encore.org, the leading organization in the field, comes a road map to every step of the encore career journey. This popular book tells you how to plan the transition:
- How much you need to make.
- The pros and cons of going back to school.
- When to volunteer, and when to intern.
- How to network effectively and harness the power of social media.
- Whos hiring and for what jobs? (Check out the Encore Hot List of 35 viable careers).
A comprehensive, nuts-and-bolts guide, filled with inspiring stories and answering – in extensive FAQ sections – the concerns of its readers, this book is everything you need to help you strike a balance between doing good and doing well and in a way that will sustain you through this new stage of life.
336 pages. Softcover. 2013.