By Elizabeth Strickland
This book describes a 10-step nutrition plan to help treat your child’s autism, asperger’s, or ADHD. The plan starts with basic modifications and gradually moves to more advanced interventions.
The author’s approach is family-friendly and realistic, allowing you to go through each step at your own pace. You will learn how to:
- Help your child transition to healthy food and expand his/her diet
- Select the right nutritional supplements
- Identify and treat gut problems and food allergies
- Follow the most effective special diets and interventions.
- Make your child’s favorite foods gluten-free and casein-free.
Includes 75 gluten-free and casein-free recipes for kid-friendly foods and snacks. Parents also learn about:
- Essential nutrients
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Chemicals and additives to avoid
- Eliminating toxins
- Introducing new foods
- Treating feeding problems
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Vitamin and mineral supplements
- High-dose vitamins
- The gluten-free, casein-free diet
- Special elimination diets
- And more
292 pages. Softcover. 2009.