This 13-part program, a sequel to Drug Class, follows six kids struggling with varying levels of drug and alcohol consumption. Their stories are interwoven with Rand Teed’s drug classes, his counseling sessions with them, their everyday lives and their personal diary cams.
The interviews with both the kids and their families are candid. While some clean up their act using his method and guidance, not everyone is so lucky.
Viewers find out what happens later on to each of the six kids who appeared in the first series. Programs are 23 minutes each. Online leader’s guides are available. $59.95 per program, or $599.95 for the series.
- Welcome Back to Drug Class – A look back at season 1 and a preview of what is to come.
- Emotional Growth – Kristie realizes that in order to grow up, she must learn to face issues without drugs or alcohol.
- Nolan – Years of drug use damaged the relationship between Nolan and his mother. After becoming clean, he must now regain her trust and confidence.
- Addiction is a Family Disease – Helps parents understand the nature of a substance abuse problem and what they can do to help.
- Carly and Zoe – Sisters Carly and Zoe face their struggles with drinking and drug abuse.
- Impairment Part 1 – A PSA by SADD shows how drinking and driving can cause disabilities. Dwayne, the father of 21-year old Melissa, who was killed by a drunk driver, shares how he is coping with her death. We also hear from Ted, the driver who was responsible for her death.
- Curtis – This episode follows Curtis as he prepares to leave a rehabilitation center and pursue his athletic interest. This hope is dashed temporarily, when he breaks his leg.
- Chelsie – Traumatic events are often the spark that starts a substance abuse problem. Both her mother and the counselor tell her that “this was not her fault.” Follow Chelsie and her secret and show she learns to cope with guilt and pain.
- Impairment Part 2 – A mother who has recently lost a son to drinking and driving talks to Rand’s class, and asks his students to drive responsibly.
- Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome – This episode explains the warning signs and symptoms as well as strategies to overcome the emotional turmoil involved in recovery.
- Spirituality – This episode looks at some of the different approaches to getting connected to something bigger than you.
- Lauren – Lauren’s problem with drugs and alcohol has exploded. Rand arranges an interview between Lauren and her parents to persuade her to go to rehab. She agrees, but her resistance to change continues to cause problems.
- Looking Back – Drug Class is about progress. In this episode we recap the stories of our participants and take a look at where they are now.