#8888 Today’s teens are more exposed to illegal, prescription, and over-the-counter drugs than ever before. Many teens are starting to see drug use as part of the normal teenage experience whether to escape, self-medicate, get instant gratification, or hide feelings of low self-esteem and lack of confidence.
This program discusses the ways teens can resist pressure to try drugs, ways they can say “no” to their friends and the dangers and consequences if they do not. Student discussion includes:
- The dangers of trying drugs, even if you think (you will just try it once)
- How to deal with the temptation and peer pressure to try drugs
- How doing one drug (like cigarettes or marijuana) can lead to abuse of other drugs
- The core issues of why teens try drugs and alcohol
- How to recognize the warning signs of addiction
- What friends can do to guide or inform of the dangers and consequences
- Where a teen can turn to for help
Suitable for grades 6-12. Viewing time: 20 minutes. 2015. $74.95. SPECIAL: 5 copies for $345.95.