#9209. From trucks to locomotives to ships, diesel engines are the workhorses of modern industry. The trucking industry alone relies on millions of diesel engines as a dependable means of transporting most of the worlds goods, and well-trained technicians are in high demand to maintain and repair this vast trucking fleet.
In this three-part video series, students will learn the fundamentals of diesel engine technology and construction, as well as how to properly tear down a diesel engine and how to service a diesel cylinder head. Total viewing time: 63 minutes. Closed-captioned. 2015.
The series includes:
- a walk through of a standard four-stroke cycle piston engine
- an overview of the injection system
- a review of the bottom end and cylinder block, with its pistons, crankshafts and bearings
- the cylinder head in the top end, including the head gasket, intake manifold, valve train
- and more
- Diesel Engine Technology This video provides a detailed overview of diesel engine technology and theory, including:
- Diesel Engine Teardown This training video demonstrates how to properly disassemble any kind of diesel engine, while inspecting each part for signs of wear, cracks, and damage. Viewers will learn the importance of part organization, detailed part inspection, proper part alignment, the use of special engine disassembly tools and the importance of thorough part cleaning.
- Diesel Cylinder Head Service This video reviews the most common methods for servicing and rebuilding a diesel engine cylinder head. It explains how to disassemble, inspect, machine and reassemble different types of diesel cylinder heads, including the complexity of a thorough valve job and the importance of checking the head for cracks, warping, and other forms of damage.
Click here for preview of series.
Format/purchase options: Streaming Video, 3-Year Subscription ($389.85); DVD ($389.85); and Streaming Video + DVD ($584.78)
There are no reviews yet.