Suicidal impulses, hyper-sexuality, recurring nightmares…. These are only a few of the symptoms of bipolar disorder. But what is it like for families of bipolar children and teens?
This documentary takes viewers inside five households ravaged by the illness, revealing painful dilemmas over medication, school, and family dynamics.
- Weary of her tantrums, Livs parents have twice hospitalized her.
- Siblings Annie and Casey were a high-risk adoption and, sadly, Annies sickness shows why.
- The mother of Jessica and Matt fears shell outlive them.
- Andrew requires intensive private tutoring.
- Siblings Levi, Dana, and Asher all take meds with disturbing side effects.
Experts in bipolar disorder are also featured. In English, with English subtitles. Viewing time: 49 minutes. 2009.