By Alan L. Rubin
With diabetes now considered pandemic throughout the world, there have been an enormous advances in the field since the last edition of Diabetes For Dummies. Now significantly revised and updated, it includes the latest information on medications and monitoring equipment, updated diet and exercise plans, new findings about treating diabetes in the young and elderly, new ways to diagnose and treat long- and short-term complications, and more.
Diabetes expert Dr. Alan Rubin gives you reassuring, authoritative guidance on putting together a state-of-the-art treatment program to treat diabetes successfully and live a full life. You’ll learn about all the advances in monitoring glucose, the latest medications, and how to develop a diet and exercise plan to stay healthy.
The book includes:
- New information on the psychology of diabetes and its treatment
- New ways to diagnose and treat both short- and long-term complications of diabetes
- The latest information about diabetes medications and testing devices
- Updated diet and exercise plans
- Expanded coverage about type 2 diabetes in children and new findings about how diabetes affects the elderly
432 pages. Softcover. 2015.