By Dr. W. Rodney Hammond and Vernessa Gipson
#6272 This is a set of two DVD training programs (one for males, one for females). Each gender-specific version features scenes of African American youth dealing with real-life situations.
Each scene begins with a conflict situation that escalates into a dangerous confrontation. The on-screen narrator freezes the action and describes an anger management skill.
The same situation is then played out again, but this time the skill is used and the problem is solved without violence. Three skills are targeted:
- Givin’ It – how to express criticism, disappointment, or angry feelings in a calm, non-threatening manner.
- Takin’ It – how to accept criticism without acting irrationally or becoming overly upset.
- Workin’ It Out – how to work out a compromise or negotiate a solution without resorting to aggressive or violent behavior.
The vignettes are narrated by Bernie, a street-smart character who earns the trust and respect of viewers as he takes them through the conflict situations and skill steps.
Each gender-specific version of Dealing With Anger includes a separate DVD, leader’s guide, and 30 skill cards (10 copies of the card for each skill). Viewing time: 52 minutes (males) and 68 minutes (females). ©1991. The complete program for $225.00. SPECIALS: 5 sets for. $1,039,00; 10 sets for $1,959.00
Inexpensive leader’s guides, skills cards, and pocket guide also available:
- Dealing With Anger: Females Guide ($4.99)
- Dealing With Anger: Males Guide ($5.99)
- Dealing With Anger Skills Cards ($4.99)
- Anger Management Pocket Guide ($2.99)