By Michele Thomas, Annette Tomei, Tracey Biscontini
Ever dream of exploring an exciting career in culinary arts or cooking but don’t know where to begin? Culinary Careers For Dummies is the perfect book for anyone who dreams of getting into the culinary profession.
Whether you’re a student, an up-and-coming chef looking for direction, or are simply interested in reinventing yourself and trying your hand at a new career, this book provides the essential information every culinary novice needs to enter and excel in the food service industry.
Packed with advice on selecting a culinary school and tips for using your degree to land your dream job, Culinary Careers For Dummies offers up-to-the-minute information on:
- culinary training, degrees, and certificates; the numerous career options available (chef, chef’s assistant, pastry chef, food stylist, caterer, line cook, restaurant publicist/general manager, Sommelier, menu creator, food writer, consultant/investor, etc.) and the paths to get there
- basic culinary concepts and methods
- advice on finding a niche in the culinary world
- culinary core competencies
- food safety and proper food handling
- real-life descriptions of what to expect on the job
- how to land a great culinary job
You’ll get expert guidance on cooking up your career plan to enter the food service industry, and tips and advice on what to study to get you where you’re headed. You’ll learn about the many career options in the culinary field.
Culinary Careers For Dummies is a one-stop reference for anyone who is interested in finding a career in this growing and lucrative field.
384 pages. Softcover. 2011.
There are no reviews yet.