By Ellen Bass and Laura Davis
This is an inspiring, comprehensive guide that offers hope and a map of the healing journey to every woman who was sexually abused as a child – and to those who care about her. Although the effects of child sexual abuse are long-term and severe, healing is possible.
Weaving together personal experience with professional knowledge, the authors provide clear explanations, practical suggestions, and support throughout the healing process. The book includes hundreds of moving first-person stories drawn from interviews and the authors’ extensive work with survivors, both nationally and internationally.
Features in this edition include:
- Contemporary research on trauma and the brainAn overview of powerful new healing tools such as imagery, meditation, and body-centered practices
- Additional stories that reflect an even greater diversity of survivor experiences
- The reassuring accounts of survivors who have been healing for more than 20 years
- The most comprehensive, up-to-date resource guide in the field
- Insights from the authors’ decades of experience
640 pages. Softcover. 2008.