This comprehensive, concise, five-part job search series is ideal for introducing job seekers to information and techniques that will be helpful in selecting a career and getting a job. Designed to be of use to a wide variety of viewers, these entertaining programs are loaded with solid content, informative interviews, helpful tips, and colorful graphics.
Suitable for high school and older. Five 10- to 14-minute programs. Closed-captioned. 2007. Each program can be purchased separately by clicking on the titles below. SPECIAL: $429.00 for the complete series. Purchase options for the series: DVDs, 3-year Streaming, or DVDs plus 3-year Streaming; please see the Product Options box above when ordering.
- The Right Job for Your Personality – Shows how to select a rewarding and satisfying career by doing a self-assessment. This self-assessment process helps you to gain insights into yourself by looking at different aspects of your life, including your interests, skills, education, training, values, and lifestyle.
Shows you how to identify and organize a variety of personal information into a form that helps you make informed career decisions. One 11-minute video.
- Career Evaluation – Shows how to relate your interests, skills, education, training, values, and lifestyle to specific occupations in the world of work. Based on the common-sense notion that you do best at what you really like to do, this video shows you how to find an occupation with job requirements that closely match your interests. One 10-minute video.
- Finding a Job – Discusses the ways you can find job openings through a wide variety of job search methods – using both conventional job search methods (want ads, resumes, job applications, state and private employment services, etc.) and unconventional job search methods (networking, informational interviews, the Internet, Yellow Pages, etc.).
Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of each method, but emphasizes using ALL available methods to obtain the widest choice of job offers in the least amount of time. A terrific overview of the best and quickest ways to get a job! One 14-minute video.
- Interviewing for a Job – The most intimidating and the most crucial part of a job search, the interview either results in a job offer or it doesn’t. There are no second chances. This program covers preparing for an interview, dressing for an interview, using body language to good advantage, articulating your skills and abilities, answering difficult questions, and handling salary and benefit issues.
Emphasis is placed on being prepared and relaxed in this thorough and comprehensive coverage of the most important step in the job search process. One 13-minute video.
- Succeeding on the Job – Is the hard part over once you get a job? No, the hard part has just begun! This program shows you not only how to survive on the job, but how to get ahead.
Attitude, timeliness, dress, ethics, grooming, teamwork, conflict resolution, and getting along with co-workers are among the topics discussed in this profram. Interviews with employers are interspersed with commonsense narration to provide solid advice for any newly hired employee. One 10-minute video.