By Robin Kessler
People interviewing for jobs today often fail because they are using yesterday’s strategies. Technology is becoming more sophisticated and virtual assessment centers are being used to assess how strong candidates are in key competency areas. Global competencies are being used to help organizations choose people for international assignments or simply to work on diverse international teams.
The best employers are constantly changing the way interviews are done. This newly revised edition of Competency-Based Interviews offers you a new and more effective way to handle the tough new interviews so that you will emphasize the knowledge, skills, and abilities that you have and that employers demand.
Preparing for a competency-based interview will give you the strategy you need to:
- Be selected for the most competitive positions.
- Win the best job at a new organization.
- Get a great first job or internship.
- Be chosen for that critical promotion in your current organization.
- Take control of your career path.
- Increase your salary.
- Get more interesting assignments and more interesting work.
224 pages. Softcover. 2012.
This item is part of Competency-Based Resumes and Interviews (set of two books).