Community service plays an integral part in many school programs, and this timely series provides a basic reference source for students and teachers. This set presents a wide variety of community service options in eight different fields, highlighting the skills and training necessary.
The series also includes interviews with students in the different fields, self-assessment tests to help the teens match their interests to the opportunities, and directories of organizations with volunteer opportunities.
Hardcover. 6 x 9. 96 pages. 1998. $19.95 each. SPECIAL: $142.95 for the series.
- Caring for Animals
- Expanding Education & Literacy
- Caring for the Ill, Poor, and Elderly
- Increasing Neighborhood Service
- Participating in Government
- Promoting the Arts and Sciences
- Protecting the Environment
- Serving with Police, Fire, and EMS