This new menu-driven DVD provides 14 programs to help encourage and direct academic readiness and positive outcomes in the areas of writing, reading, test taking, listening, speaking, and comprehension.
Geared to the new Title I emphasis on college and career readiness. Features include:
- Effective techniques to help with test-taking anxiety
- Ways to help improve writing skills
- Techniques to improve comprehension
From test-taking strategies to understanding your audience, this DVD will meet the needs of students and objectives of teachers.
The 14 individual programs (listed below) come with optional reproducible worksheets and 17″ x 22″ laminated posters that provide an overview of the concepts explored in each program. Each program is about 7 minutes, with a total of 125 minutes of viewing time for all 14 programs.
Mastering Test Writing Skills:
- The Writing Process
- Internet Research Techniques
- Organizing and Writing Effective Test Essays
Excellent Test Reading Comprehension Skills:
- Reading Strategies in Content Areas
- Summarizing Nonfiction and Finding Supportive Detail
- Analyzing Current Themes in Literature
- Understanding Literary Devices
Awesome Test Taking Skills:
- How to Dissect a Test Question
- Tricks for Improving Test Scores
- Conquering Test Anxiety
- Involving Parents in Test Taking Success
Test Critical Listening and Speaking Skills:
- What Was the Point? Improving Comprehension
- Does This Make Sense? Analyzing Communications
- What Did They Say? Critical Listening and Observation Skills
Can purchase just the DVD for $699.00; the DVD with reproducible worksheets for $799.00; or the DVD with reproducible worksheets and 14 laminated posters for $999.00. Please see the Product Options box above.