#7324 One of our most popular video series. In this three-part series, the creator and host of PBS’s Colameco’s Food Show explains how to:
- shop for groceries
- store food
- prepare ingredients
- keep the kitchen clean and safe
- develop basic kitchen skills and techniques
Mike also presents some accessible recipes for students to try, with hands-on demonstrations that help build cooking confidence.
Correlates to all applicable state and national standards. Viewing time: 23-26 minutes each. Closed-captioned. © 2007. Can purchase each part separately. Purchase options for the series or one of the parts: DVD, 3-year Streaming, or DVD plus 3-year Streaming.
Click HERE to view a video clip of the series.
- LOST IN THE SUPERMARKET (26 minutes) – Viewers learn to how to compare prices, find bargains, read nutrition labels, and determine the proper quantity to buy so as to avoid waste. Click HERE to view a video clip of this DVD.
Click HERE to download a free teacher’s guide.
- WELCOME TO THE KITCHEN (23 minutes) – Explains how easily food poisoning can occur, Mike shows how to set up and protect the cooking area, and reveals his techniques for safe chopping, cutting, slicing, dicing, and mincing. He also covers the use of processors and blenders for large food quantities, and more. Click HERE to view a video clip of this DVD. Click HERE to download a free teacher’s guide.
- COOKING 101 (24 minutes) – Along with demonstrations of basic cooking techniques, Mike also breaks down each meal by cost – emphasizing that home cooking is low-stress, easy on the budget, and the best way for students to control what they eat. Click HERE to view a video clip of this DVD. Click HERE to download a free teacher’s guide.
- DVDs for $79.95 or complete 3-part series for $239.95
- 3-Year Streaming Video Subscriptions for $79.95 each or complete 3-part series for $239.95 + FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING
- DVDs + Streaming Videos for $149.95 each or complete 3-part series for $399.95 + FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING
IFH & ISV