#5743 Once the province of mental health professionals, CBT (or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) has gained wide acceptance as the treatment of choice for anyone looking to overcome anxiety, manage anger, beat an addiction, lose weight or simply gain a new outlook on life.
Written by two CBT therapists, this bestselling guide helps you apply the principles of CBT in your everyday life, allowing you to:
- spot errors in your thinking
- tackle toxic thoughts
- refocus and retrain your awareness
- and, finally, stand up to and become free of the fear, depression, anger, and obsessions that have been plaguing you
- includes tips on establishing 10 healthy attitudes for living as well as ten ways to lighten up
- helps you chart a path by defining problems and setting goals
- offers advice on taking a fresh look at your past, overcoming any obstacles to progress as well as ways to maintain your CBT gains
- includes new and refreshed content, including chapters on how to beat an addiction and overcome body image issues
432 pages. Softcover. December 2019. $24.99.