By John Gray, Ph.D.
Bestselling author John Gray turns to the most powerful and profound relationship in people’s lives – the bond between parents and child – to show parents how to help their children become strong, confident, morally sound adults.
The book is based on the premise that children respond better to positive rather than negative reinforcement. Accordingly, this program focuses on rewarding, not punishing, children and fostering their innate desire to please their parents.
Table of Contents:
- Children Are From Heaven
- What Makes the Five Messages Work
- New Skills to Create Cooperation
- New Skills to Minimize Resistance
- New Skills for Improving Communication
- New Skills for Increasing Motivation
- New Skills for Asserting Leadership
- New Skills for Maintaining Control
- It’s OK to be Different
- It’s OK to Make Mistakes
- It’s OK to Express Negative Emotions
- It’s OK to Want More
- It’s OK to Say NO But Mom and Dad Are the Bosses
- Putting the Five Messages into Practice
400 pages. Softcover. 2001. $14.99. SPECIALS: 10 copies for $137.95; 100 copies for $1,249.00. Please see the Product Options box above when ordering.