By John Trigilio and Kenneth Brighenti
This down-to-earth introduction for Catholics and non-Catholics gives commonsense explanations of Catholic weddings, baptisms, funerals, confirmations, and First Communions. You’ll also discover other important topics that can help you better understand the Catholic culture – from morality and devotions to worship and liturgy.
There are more than one billion Catholics in the world, and each one shares a foundational set of basic beliefs and practices that he or she follows. Some of the teachings of Catholicism are thousands of years old, while others are more recent.
In light of all this, what is the Catholic culture like and what do they believe? Catholicism For Dummies answers these and many other questions.
- Various stances within American Catholicism today
- Covers the death of John Paul II and the succession of Pope Benedict XVI, who has supported the return of the Latin Mass among congregations who desire to celebrate it
- Expanded information on baptism, confirmation, and the other sacraments
- New information about the priesthood and religious life today
- 21st-century issues and questions modern Catholics face, including gay marriage, abortion, and the death penalty
Catholicism For Dummies presents a rich tapestry and history of the Catholic faith – from devotions to doctrines. This intelligent and faithful look at Catholicism will open your eyes to this religion and answer many of the questions you may have about it.
432 pages. Softcover. 2011. SPECIALS: 10 copies for $219.00; 100 copies for $1,859.00. Please see the Product Options box above when ordering.