Careers in child care are tremendously rewarding; it is also a field with diverse opportunities. In order to decide what job route is best for you, you need to begin with a clear plan: What will you specialize in? Do you need an advanced degree or certificate? How will you find the right place for you?
This book has the answers. Here, you’ll discover all the information you need to find a satisfying and secure job doing what you love. Whether you want to work in a daycare center, become a nanny, or be a youth-league coach, this guide will help you:
- Clearly understand your various career options
- Key in on the specialty most suited for you – from in-home child care to pediatrics to child welfare
- Know what to expect when you start out
- Find the education and training you’ll need to stay ahead of the competition
- Familiarize yourself with current salaries, benefits, and the best job prospects