Traditionally, bullying has meant physical intimidation and violence – and in the past was considered a problem only among boys. But experts are finding that girls can perpetuate bullying as well, although it often takes place on more subtle or secretive levels.
This program focuses on increasing awareness of bullying among girls and educating viewers about how, when, and why it occurs. Subjects thoroughly explored in this program include:
- Understanding the difference between teasing and bullying
- Identifying specific female bullying techniques and tactics
- Recognizing warning signals that help is needed
- Knowing the best ways to report incidents
- Getting school officials involved to combat the problem
Viewing time: 20 minutes. Closed-captioned. 2006. Purchase options: DVD, 3-year Streaming, or DVD and 3-year Streaming; please see the Product Options box above when ordering.
This item is part of Taking a Stand: The Bullying Prevention Series.
Click here to view a video clip.
See also: Bullying: Take a Stand Poster Series.