This wise and compassionate documentary shares the stories of three courageous non-offending men whose determination to deal with the terror, denial, and shame of the sexual abuse they experienced as children has assisted them in reclaiming their lives – and in the process has empowered them to open up, speak out, and take bold action toward prevention for other boys.
Topics discussed include:
- the effects of childhood sexual abuse
- benefits of support groups
- coming to terms with feelings of isolation and mistrust
- anti-abuse advocacy and legislation
- long-term post-traumatic stress disorder
- matters of masculinity, sexual identity, and intimacy
- and more
Special emphasis is given to child sexual abuse perpetrated by clergymen.
Viewing time: 58 minutes. Closed-captioned. 2011. Purchase options: DVD, 3-year Streaming, or DVD and 3-year Streaming; please see the Product Options box above when ordering.
to view a video clip.