By Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
#7555 This book helps you understand the friction points or serious hurts in your marriage – and move beyond them to the mutual care, respect, affirmation, and intimacy you both long for.
Two lives becoming one: That’s the marriage ideal. But maybe you’ve discovered that it’s easier said than done. How do you solve problems? How do you establish healthy communication? How do you work out conflict and deal with the struggle of differing needs? In the process of knitting two souls together, it’s easy to tear the fabric.
That’s why boundaries – the ways we define and maintain our sense of individuality, freedom, and personal integrity – are so important. And it’s why the principles described in this book are essential if you want your marriage to flourish.
Counselors and best-selling authors Henry Cloud and John Townsend, authors of the Gold Medallion Award-winning book, Boundaries, show how you and your mate can experience marriage at its best. You’ll learn how to deal with serious violations and betrayals and develop a haven of mutual love, care, appreciation, and growth.
Boundaries in Marriage will show you:
- Why boundaries and the Ten Laws of Boundaries are vital for a thriving, productive marriage
- How values form the structure and architecture of marriage
- How to protect a marriage from intruders, whether parents, other people, affairs, or personal idols
- Why each partner needs to establish personal boundaries, and how to go about it
- How to work with a spouse who understands and values boundaries – and how to work with one who doesn’t
Whether you are just starting out as a couple, have been married for years, or are seriously contemplating marriage, Boundaries in Marriage will show you how to establish your own boundaries and respect those of your partner.
Drawing on principles from the Bible, it can help you safeguard against relational fractures and mend existing cracks. It may even save your marriage. And it can help make even the best marriage better.
256 pages. Softcover. 2002. $19.99.
There are no reviews yet.