By Rosalie Greenberg, MD
Once considered an adult illness, bipolar disorder is one of the fastest growing categories in child psychiatry, touching the lives of an estimated one million children.
But often it goes misdiagnosed, and kids can be prescribed medication that only worsens the condition.
With her 25 years’ experience, child psychiatrist Rosalie Greenberg offers parents and professionals alike an innovative approach to help bipolar youngsters locate that elusive inner calm.
With stories from families on the front lines, she shows parents how best to navigate the peaks and valleys of the disorder, addresses family relationships, and guides parents in making meaningful choices about their child’s education and treatment options.
A masterful book that recognizes the brilliance and creativity in bipolar kids, it will give parents hope that every child can, with the proper interventions, lead a full, productive life.
294 pages. Softcover. 2008.
- Listen to the Words, Not Just the Music
- Depression and Mania: Riding the Mood Pendulum
- The Hidden Aspects of Bipolar Disorder
- How Bipolar Kids Shine
- The Psychiatric Evaluation: Finding a Doctor and Examining Your Child’s Symptoms
- Comorbidity: Is This Bipolar Disorder or Something Else?
- Medication: The Art and Science of Treatment
- Why Therapy Matters
- Hospitalization: When Therapy and Medication Aren’t Enough
- Going to School: Easier Said Than Done
- Real Life, Real Answers