By David J. Miklowitz
Thanks to sharper diagnosis and better medicine, the future is far brighter for people with bipolar disorder than was thought possible in past generations. But those struggling with the frantic highs and crushing lows of this illness still have many hurdles to surmount at home, at work, and in daily life. This comprehensive guide helps people with bipolar disorder take charge of their illness and reclaim their lives. It is filled with practical self-assessment and self-management strategies from a compassionate professional who knows what works.
The book helps individuals and family members:
- come to terms with the diagnosis
- recognize early warning signs of manic or depressive episodes
- cope with triggers for mood swings
- manage medication problems and family and work issues
- learn to collaborate effectively with doctors and therapists
Above all, it supplies tools to help readers strive for balance, without sacrificing their right to a rich and varied emotional life.